Monday, August 25, 2008

Campioni di Super Coppa Italiana

We won. I admit that I thought that it was over and finished when Balotelli finally scored the 2-1 goal in the 83rd minute of the game, but Vucinic's corner kick extended the game with 45 more minutes. Despite the somehow unnecessary drama, it was an entertaining game, and most importantly, it was very interesting to see Mourinho's impact on the team and the game. Zlatan, great to see you on the pitch again!

The Italian Super Cup is actually not a prestigious trophy, but it does nevertheless feel good to see the team win cups and tournaments, irregardless of their status and reputation. That's one more cup for the trophy room.

Winning over AS Roma is prestigious though, and it means much after the thrilling title race between Roma and Inter last season.

It's pretty late and I have to go to bed. I have to get up early in the morning tomorrow, as it is Monday and a few hours of work. I have one thing to look forward to and it is (as I have mentioned in my earlier posts) the derby game between AIK and Hammarby. I have longed for the atmosphere at Råsunda stadium for some time now.

The weekend has been great, probably one of the better ones of this summer. I've spent time with friends and family and I have done lots of things (oh well...) and slept too little. In the beginning of the summer, when my exams were over and when I had left the student union board, this was what I was longing for. It feels good. I am satisfied.

Thank you for reading. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment