Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Support staff misery

Summer is here and as usual, trouble with the computer as well. This time it isn't as dramatic as before. No bluescreens *knocking on wood* and no overheated hardware issues. This time the pimpy lamps on the front of the computer are out of order. The graphic card is can't handle things it once used to handle and the fan sounds like a nuclear reactor.

The miserable support-staff (which I never had any problems with in the past) have set up some new rules regarding pickups and repairs. They won't register my problem until I reboot the computer from scratch and remove all software. Asswipes. I did that last year but they managed to fuck my fan, my lamps and my graphic card during their last attempt to fix the computer (I have to be honest here, they succeeded, but on the other hand other problems popped up as a result of that). I rebooted the computer last year but the problem remained. What makes it different this year?

So what to do? Well, obviously I have to reboot it. That's not the major issue here. The problem is that once she is back, I have to spend days to get her back to what she was. Customizing firewall rules and settings, updating the platforms and saving all e-mails and documents on different external drives. This is going to take a lot of time and is completely useless. When I told the guy on the other end of the line about my problem he understood what I meant, I know I am right on this. THIS IS NOT SOFTWARE RELATED, IT'S HARDWARE RELATED.

The interview on Monday worked out perfectly fine. I got the chance to speak to some former (and current) Swedish internationals as well as shooting some nice pics. The interview will hopefully be published later today or during the week.

My 2 cents for today. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment