Monday, June 23, 2008

Massoud Shojaei joins Osasuna

New week, new challenges. I had a long and pleasant weekend. It was really difficult to get up this morning. I had no break after my last exams and I am starting to feel pretty tired. I wouldn't mind to take a few weeks off and getting the fuck out of town, somewhere peaceful and quiet. No Aiya Napa or Ibiza kind of place in other words...

Anyway, here I am, and I have to accept that fact. Even though it's Monday, it's raining and even though I'm tired.

The guy on the picture above is Massoud Shojaei from Iran. He will be playing with the Spanish side Osasuna next season. I remember when he bloomed out a little more than two years ago in some youth tournament. He was compared with our at that time biggest star Ali Karimi. They are very similar and both very technically gifted. Let's see if Massoud can make an impression in PrĂ­mera Division next season. He will be playing alongside one of my favorite players (Javad Nekounam, another Iranian midfielder) and hopefully he will be able to establish a professional career in Europe. He has the skills to do so. His mind is the only thing that could stop him from becoming a successful Asian player on the European football scene. They are not that many at the moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment