Friday, October 3, 2008

Post no. 300

This is my 300th post, but hopefully not my last.

It's Friday and my American friends are in Switzerland at the moment. I'm sitting here in Linz, having a glass of red wine with Frank Sinatra running in my mediaplayer. I was supposed to have my last lesson of the intensive German course today but the teacher never showed up. She was sick so it was cancelled. I had a lunchdate at campus today so I waited the for two hours in vain.
I spent the two hours with a friend and someone I know absolutely nothing about. I like to call her happyface because she her face expression is so dull and boring. There is no energy in her eyes and she looks tired and stupid every time I see her. I won't draw any conclusions from my observations, because I am probably wrong about her personality whatsoever. The thing is that this person knows nothing about social skill. She never says hello, not to anyone. But she shows up from nowhere, even if you're in the middle of a date, and she attaches herself to your company totally unannouced. She follows you (without asking if it's OK or not). She is just a pain in the ass. I have tried to be nice to this person, I have tried to be polite. I have tried to engage her in conversations but nothing interests her. She doesn't want to talk to you. She doesn't want to talk to anyone. She shows it so clearly with her bodylanguage. Happyface, that's the word. Like a sad clown.

Tomorrow I'm going to a concentration camp for a few hours and I think it is going to very interesting to see such place. Several friends of mine have been at some wellknown concentrationcamps and I personally think that it's an important thing to do in order to understand history. I will be taking pictures.

No plans for the evening yet, but that will change soon.
Thank you for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment