Sunday, September 21, 2008

Reflections on a Sunday evening

Sunday is coming to an end. It's been a quite good Sunday this far. I had some bad luck on my way back from the city earlier today. I had bought the ticket, registered it and kept it beside my Austrian ID-card. Obviously I had forgotten to sign my citizen-number on the back of the card. It's a tiny box where it says "Ausweis number". What the hell is Ausweis number anyway? So the lady on the tram caught me, asked me for my name, surname and other details. I was waiting for her to ask me about my religion (like everywhere else) too. Then she gave me the ticket, 50 fucking EUROs for not signing my citizen-number.

Aside from that it was a nice day. I went in to the city to see my classmate from back home and to pick up some things from her apartment. Apparently she had a pretty intensive night at the nightclub last night. We made some jokes about it and I followed her to McDonald's to make her company while she was having her Sunday dinner.

I returned to the Julius Raab Heim to play football with the other exchange students. We played 5 a-side and it was great. I ended up in the same team as my roomies. Their everyday vocabulary is dominated by three words, "puta" (= whore), "culo" (=ass) and "maricon" (which I believe means faggot)

Inter won against Torino today. I was going to stream the game but I chose Chelsea - Manchester United instead. It was an entertaining game which ended with a fair draw (1-1). Kalou and Park were the goalscorers.

Anyway, Inter's win was important and I am happy to see them team winning and not performing nervously as the last few months of last season. I am a big fan of Roberto Mancini for all he has done for Inter during his four-year spell at Meazza, but Mourinho is somehow more solid and has the players' deepest respect. Every player praises him and his methods, and this far things have gone well.

Maicon scored a beautiful goal...




... and Ibra scored his second goal for the season.


Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment