Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday v2.0

Day nine, the second Sunday in this country. The last one didn't exactly spoil me so I am not expecting anything of this day. All the shops are closed, even supermarkets. The only thing that is running as usual is the tram. I am seriously considering to jump on it and see the rest of the city. I did it last week and it was pretty nice. It took me places I wouldn't go to by myself.

I ended up in a two-room (and not a three-room) apartment with two Colombians. We share the kitchen and the WC/shower. They seem like nice guys but no conclusions yet. This is my view.


Sometimes I really believe that I have ended up in an underdeveloped country. I mean sure, Sweden is great in many aspects and we are usually pretty spoiled when we're abroad. But this is not my first time abroad and it's not the only place I've visited on this planet. I realized yesterday morning that I couldn't lock the door to my room. The metal piece (the lock?) that is supposed to come out from the door and into the wall, simply did not. The hole was out of range for the metal piece. Great.

The heating element of the room was also out of order, so now I've caught a cold. I asked them to fix this things and they took care of the door, but the heating element will stay like this. I'll have to wear more clothes indoors.

We went to this great sushi place yesterday (and the day before yesterday). You sit beside a running band with small portions of Japanese food passing you. You pick anything you like and eat as much as you can. It was awesome.




Later yesterday we decided to go out. There were a couple of pre-parties around the Julius Raab Heim, and I paid 'em both a visit. After a couple of Bacardi Breezers and a great amount of wine I was starting to feel a little funny. My goal was to not let the sushi leave my stomach. I gave up. If I had followed the others out I'd make an ass out of myself. A high price to pay, I really wanted to go out last night.

Another thing that I have been thinking about during my short stay here is (as I've mentioned earlier) the neverending number of stripclubs and funhouses. We passed by at least six or seven on our way to a furniture shop (which happened to be named XXX-Lutz...).


Torino - Inter today. I'll probably have to sneak in to the university and use their WLAN connection if I want to see the game in motion. The cable connection I have at Julius Raab is not sufficient.

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment